On this resources page, we link to documents and tools that people frequently ask us about. We divided them into four specific sections: research, theory, guides and mobile. Research contains research done by the Internet Protection Lab. The theory documents are aimed at explaining complex technologies in layman’s terms or to assist you in your thought process. The guides section links to guides that can help you install tools and technologies to stay safe. The Mobile section provides direct links to mobile solutions in the App Store & Market Place.
- Basic Internet Security Guide – A guide on basic internet security created by Greenhost, available in various formats for offline reading such as PDF and ePub.
- Security in a Box – A guide made by Tactical Tech and Frontline Defenders explaining how to stay safe in their “how to guides” and how to install specific software solutions in their “hands on guides”
- OpenPGP best practices – A best practices guide regarding the use of (Open) PGP
- Encrypted phone call solutions
- Secure Text Messaging
- Text Secure for Android
- Panic Buttons
- Panic Button for Android, allows you to send out a distress signal containing a preprogrammed message and your location to the numbers of friends. Currently in beta.